So where do you start?
If you're like a lot of folks, your first thought will be about a web site, search engine optimization, and adwords. Or maybe a webinar series or a social media campaign.
Any of these tactics might work in your customer acquisition plan, so they may be the place you end up... but they're not the place to start.
Think a step ahead for a moment.
- If you decide to build a new website, what will you say?
- If you want to implement an SEO or pay-per-click campaign, which keywords will you target?
- If you opt to host a webinar series, what topics will you cover?
- If you want to blog or tweet, what about?
The place to start then: Figure out what you want to say and who you want to say it to.
To be more precise:
1. Who needs your solution?
2. What problem do they have that you can solve?
3. And why is your solution better than alternatives?
Until you can answer these questions with confidence and clarity, you're not ready to start.
This work by Peter Cohen, SaaS Marketing Strategy Advisors is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.